THE CAPITAL OF CATALONIA: BARCELONA



Barcelona is a wonderful place, not only because it has a great football team and a beaches, as well as outstanding architecture and deep traditions, but also my friend Eszter is studying there, which I definitely had to visit. I had two days to see the city and one day we went hiking in the mountains to Montserrat. I think to visit Barcelona would not be complete and same without to see the Church of the Sagrada Familia. After all, it is the most famous and sought-after monument in the city. The masterpiece by Catalan architect Antonio Gaudi is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is scheduled to be completed by 2026. Visiting the buildings created by Gaudi isn’t cheap, but I think it’s worth it. For me, the cathedral was a catharsis, I was completely impressed. I also recommend as an architect to see: Casa Batlló and Casa Milà also from Gaudí, Park Güell, La Boqueria: Barcelona's oldest market, La Rambla: The most famous streets, City Beaches, The Barcelona Pavilion.

file:///D:/spanyolorsz%C3%A1g%202021/Janu%C3%A1ri%20posztok/tha%20capital%20of%20catalonia_Barcelona_01.13/23-amazing-places-in-barcelonas-best-architecture-city-guide.htm 





Comments