GREEN TO GREEN

 



I have already shown you many hikes, trips and green areas near Valencia, but I thought I would focus now on the local parks in a separate post. I’ll show you some of what’s inside the city and which might also be worth to visit.

 

  • Turia Garden in Valencia:

The Turia Garden is one of the largest urban natural parks in Spain, a green space of more than nine kilometers passable that crosses the city with recreational and sports areas and romantic places to get lost. It is really close to my house, and if I want to get somewhere, I often approach it through that. Garden is an ideal for nature lovers, runners, cyclists and families.

Within this, I also really like the Parc del Museu de les Ciències - Tram XV del Jardí del Túria. After all, in this section of the park we can directly admire the symbolic buildings of the city.

 


  • Bioparc Valencia:

 It is an animal park designed under the concept of zoo-immersion, which immerses the visitor in a careful recreation of natural habitats and allows us to get closer to the animals. Of course we can really feel a little closer, but it is still a kind of zoo ( but I had a good time anyway).

 


  • Cabecera Park:

This park is 334,000 square metres of green space offering the ample shade of pine trees, boat trips and where you can enjoy the power of the sun. A small hill located within the park also offers splendid views of the city. Next to the park located the Bioparc, which create a great conection to each other.

(Look at this yellow police building on the edge of the park, so I had to take a photo because of the lush colors)

 


  • Jardines del Real:

The truth is, this is one of the closest parks to me, where there are several types of trees and where beautiful rose gardens also pop up. I loved to walk in this park among the flowering trees because it is so varied and versatile. However, my favorite in it is still the parrots. We have already given a name to the one we used to caress. His name is Pepi.

 


  • Central Park:

We visited it primarily at the suggestion of our Urbanism teacher. The park was born after a long struggle by the city of Valencia to recover the land occupied by the train tracks that separate the city in two from its central and southern parts. In this way, and when the different phases of the project are executed, a central space of outstanding dimensions was recovered. Also near the park, there is an interesting graffiti painting on the facade of one of the block houses.


 


Comments